Here we’ll cover how to create events and setup event widgets in ThemeBright church themes.
Note that not every feature listed below is available in every ThemeBright church theme. Contact us if you have any questions about whether a certain theme supports a certain feature.
- Browse to Events → Add New in the WordPress admin.
- Enter a title and description for your event (required).
- Select a start date for your event (required). You can also enter an end date if it’s a multi-day event.
- Enter the time for your event.
- If you would like your event to recur automatically (say, Sunday worship) you can select your desired recurrence and the date you wish for your event to stop automatically recurring.
- Enter the venue for your event. Things like building names, room numbers or other location names help people find the event.
- Enter an address for your event. If you would like to display a directions link, make sure Show directions link is checked.
- Enter the latitude and longitude of the event. This is required if you want to display a map of the location of your event. This tool is helpful to convert addresses into latitude and longitude values.
- Select the type of map you want to display on the event page.
- Select the level of zoom for the event map. Somewhere in the mid-teens is usually good.
- Browse to Appearance → Widgets in the WordPress admin.
- Locate the Events widget in the left hand column, and drag-and-drop to your desired sidebar.
- Enter a title for your widget. If you enter no title, it will default to “Events.”
- Configure the additional widget settings as desired.
- Save the widget.